Our experience and expertise in general website management allows us also to offer a more hands-off consultancy/advisory role. This would be more suited to customers who are not confident in the technical details of how a website is created and maintained, but who required a site set up - perhaps as a business or hobbyist portal.
We can offer an advisory role covering website advice including:
- Hosting Where your website files will actually live, how your files are transferred to the hosting service, how you can update these files.
- Pre-built add-ons Most web host companies offer all kinds of extra tools as part of the hosting, such as content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress), CRM, e-commerce etc. We can advise whether your needs could be met by such add-on offerings from your host of choice.
- Platform What the web host runs (Windows or Linux). Your requirements may dictate the platform to choose and we can offer advice on this.
- Functionality What your website will do. Do you need an image gallery, a sign-up form, a blog etc.? Your functional needs will dictate how the website is built and what - if any - special server side coding might be needed
- Ongoing supportWe can also offer a more formal, ongoing support arrangement should that be of interest.